for 4 servings
- 2 zucchini (peeled and finely sliced lengthways)
- 14 ounces Caciocavallo cheese
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 small egg
- 0.333 cup butter (chopped)
- 6 small Cherry tomatoes (halved, deseeded and finely diced)
- 4 tablespoons Herbs (finely chopped)
- wooden Skewer
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- cherry tomatoes (to serve)
Heat the oven to 120°C (100°C in a fan oven), 250°F, gas 1/2.
Season the courgettes lightly with salt and ground black pepper. Cut the cheese into thin slices then cut in strips to match the width of the courgette slices.
Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl and add the egg and the butter. Knead together. Add the tomatoes and herbs and mix well. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Top the courgette slices with the cheese and spread the breadcrumb mixture over the top. Roll up and slide onto skewers.
Brown the courgette skewers in the hot clarified butter. Wrap in aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through.
Arrange on plates with cherry tomatoes and serve.
Price per person approx. : € 3