Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup superfine caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ⅜ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To decorate
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Golden syrup
- ½ cup superfine caster sugar
- 1 ¼ cups Dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- Chocolate chip (and chocolate vermicelli for sprinkling)
How healthy are the main ingredients?egg
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180 fan) | 400°F | gas 6.
Measure the dry ingredients into a bowl.
Whisk the milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract together. Combine the two, but don’t over-mix - lumps are fine.
Pour into six muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Meanwhile, heat the water with the syrup and sugar in a pan, then remove from the heat and beat in the chocolate until melted. Decorate the muffins with the icing once cool and sprinkle with chocolate chips and chocolate vermicelli.