Turkish Pork Flatbreads
ready in 35 min.
- 3.333 cups pork collar (cut into thin, flat strips)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon crushed Red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 5 ounces plain Yogurt
- 4 thin, arabic Flatbread (from a Turkish food shop)
- ¼ Iceberg lettuce (approx. 150 g, sliced)
- 3 tomatoes (sliced into strips)
- Onion ring (to garnish)
Mix together the meat, herbs and chilli flakes. Season with salt and ground black pepper and sear all over in oil in a hot frying pan. Take off the heat and leave in the pan to finish cooking.
Mix the garlic into the yoghurt and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
Gently warm the flatbreads in a hot pan without any fat. Remove, cool to lukewarm, spread with the yoghurt and top with the lettuce, meat and tomatoes. Gently fold two opposite sides to the centre then roll up. Cut in half and serve garnished with onion rings.