Turkey Coconut Curry
ready in 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil (divided)
- 3.333 cups boneless, skinless turkey breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 red chile peppers (rinsed; seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 bunch scallions (sliced; whites and greens separated)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 cup light Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups Mung bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons Cashews (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup chopped, fresh Basil
- Lime leaves (for garnish)
Serve with rice, if desired.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook, stirring often, until cooked through and lightly browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the turkey to a bowl or plate.
Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in the wok. Add red peppers, scallion whites and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 45 seconds. Stir in coconut milk, coconut cream, fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally until bubbly. Stir in bean sprouts, turkey, scallion greens, and cashew nuts; cook, stirring constantly, until the heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in basil just before serving.
Divide among serving bowls and garnish with lime leaves.