Tomato and Lamb Curry
89 / 100
1 hr 30 min.
- 6 Tbsps vegetable oil (or clarified butter)
- 6 ½ cups lamb (cut into large chunks)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic cloves (chopped)
- fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsps ground Cumin
- 2 tsps ground cilantro
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 2 Tbsps Tomato paste
- 2 cups canned tomatoes (chopped)
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
How healthy are the main ingredients?tomatoTomato pastegarlic cloveoniongingercinnamon
Heat 4 tbsp of the the oil in a large pan and fry the lamb pieces until browned all over. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan and gently cook the onion until softened. Add the garlic and the spices and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the tomato paste and return the meat to the pan. Add the canned tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook very gently, stirring from time to time, for about 1 1/4 hours or until the meat is very tender. You might need to add a little water during cooking to prevent the sauce from becoming too dry.