8,2 / 10
ready in 30 min.
- For the Marinade
- 6 Tbsps black Olives (pitted and finely chopped)
- 4 scallions (washed and cut into rings)
- 4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 red chili pepper (washed; seeds removed and finely chopped)
- 2 sugar
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground peppers (to taste)
- olive oil (as needed)
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin (or squash)
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil (for pan)
If you do not have a raclette pan, squash can be roasted in the oven at 350º F, until golden brown and fork tender.
2 Bowls, 1 Small bowl, 1 Cutting board, 1 Large knife, 1 Small knife, 1 Fork, 1 Tablespoon, 1 Sieve, 1 Whisk, 1 Can opener, 1 Mandoline, 1 Citrus juicer
In a medium bowl, combine olives, green onions, parsley, and chili pepper. Season with sugar, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until olives and vegetables are generously coated with olive oil. Set aside.
Cut the squash or pumpkin in half; removed the seeds, peel and cut into thin slices. Lightly coat a raclette grill with vegetable oil. Season the sliced squash with salt and pepper. Preheat raclette pan and grill the squash on both sides until golden brown and tender, turning frequently.
Drizzle the roasted squash with prepared marinade and serve.