Spring Chicken with Vegetables
8,5 / 10
ready in 1 hr 15 min.
- 4 spring chicken (approx. 450 g each, legs tied together)
- Fat (for the roasting dish)
- ½ tsp ground peppers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ Tbsps paprika
- ½ tsp runny honey
- 4 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 bunch small carrots (peeled)
- 1 bunch small, white Turnip (peeled)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 scallions (cut in half lengthways and chopped)
- 1 tsp thyme
Heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, and grease a roasting tin.
Place the chickens in the roasting tin, breast down. Mix together the pepper, salt, paprika, honey and the oil. Brush onto the chickens and roast for around 40 minutes.
After 20 minutes turn the chickens and brush with the remaining spice mixture. Add the vegetables and sprinkle with the thyme. At the end of the cooking time, turn on the grill and brown the meat. Arrange on plates with the vegetables and serve.