Spicy Fish Masala
ready in 55 min.
- 4 cups Salmon fillet (skinned, ready-to-cook, chopped)
- 1 unwaxed Lime (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- ¾ inch fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ tablespoons red Curry paste
- 1 ⅔ cups fish stock
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon Coriander
- Fenugreek seed powder
- ½ teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 4 sprigs Curry leaves
Season the fish with salt and ground black pepper. Drizzle with lime juice and leave to steep for a few minutes.
Heat the ghee in a pot and quickly fry the fish. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and fry for a few minutes. Stir in the curry paste and deglaze with the stock. Add the spices and the tomatoes, season with a dash of lime juice and simmer for around 15 min.
Return the fish to the pan and heat through. Arrange in bowl and serve garnished with deep-fried curry leaves.