Fish in Masala
- For the fish
- 4 pieces fish fillets (redfish, cod, about 200 grams)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot Ghee
- For the marinade
- 400 grams Yogurt (0.1% fat)
- 3 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 size onion (finely grated)
- 3 garlic (crushed; to taste)
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground cilantro
- 1 generous pinch Garam Masala
- 1 generous pinch Chili powder
- peppers (to taste)
Rub fish fillets with salt and lemon juice and place in a baking dish greased with the clarified butter. For the marinade, mix all ingredients together with 1–2 tablespoons water. Marinate fish pieces in mixture for about 2 hours covered in the refrigerator. Turn occasionally.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for about 15–20 minutes. Add a little water if desired.
Arrange the fish fillets in 4 bowls.
Rinse chile pepper, remove the seeds, and cut into rings. Garnish the fish with chile rings and sprinkle with scallion rings and lime zest. Serve hot.