7,5 / 10
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 3 ½ ozs Pancetta (cubed)
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 red Bell pepper (deseeded and sliced)
- 1 cup Paella rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 pinches Saffron (dissolved in boiling water)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 7 ozs Squid ring (cleaned)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 handfuls clam (cleaned)
- 2 handfuls mussels (cleaned)
- 12 Tiger prawn (cooked and shelled)
- 4 Lobster claw (cooked and shelled)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the pancetta until the fat starts to run. Add the onion and cook until soft but not brown.
Add the garlic and the bell pepper, cook for 2 minutes then add the rice and cook, stirring all the time, for 2 more minutes.
Add the wine, let bubble then add the saffron and stock. Cook over a low heat, stirring from time to time, for 15 minutes or until the rice is nearly tender then add the squid rings and peas. Season with salt and pepper, heat through then add the clams, mussels, prawns and lobster claws.
Stir very gently until the clams and mussels have opened and the squid is just cooked then remove the lids from the mussel shells and arrange the mussels around the edge of the pan.
Squeeze over the lemon juice and serve immediately.