Seafood Kebabs with Salad
for 4 servings
- 8 Scallop (halved horizontally)
- 16 King prawn (peeled up to the tails, entrails removed)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- For the salad
- 2 slices white Bread (crusts cut off and diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Romaine lettuce (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ Radicchio (torn into bite-sized pieces)
Skewer four scallop halves onto a kebab stick and skewer four prawns onto another kebab stick.
Mix together the lemon juice and the olive oil and stir in the garlic. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Brush the kebabs with the marinade and place on hot grill on a sheet of aluminium foil and grill, turning occasionally, for around 6-8 minutes. Brush with the marinade every now and then.
Toast the diced bread in hot butter and dry on kitchen paper. Mix together the vinegar and oil and season with salt and ground black pepper. Mix with the lettuce and the radicchio, arrange on plates, sprinkle the croutons on top and serve with the kebabs.