Savoury Soft Cheese and Mushroom Crepes
9,3 / 10
ready in 50 min.
- For the filling
- 3 ½ cups Bok Choy (leaves removed)
- sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- ½ inch fresh ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 4 ½ cups Mixed Mushrooms (e. g. shiitake mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, button mushrooms)
- 2 Tbsps dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- 1 ⅔ cups Goat cheese (crumbled)
To make the batter, mix together the flour, a pinch of salt, eggs and milk. Leave to rest for 20 min.
Blanche the bok choy leaves in boiling salt water for 1-2 min. Drain and quench.
Heat the oil in a hot wok and fry the garlic and the ginger. Add the mushrooms and the bok choy and fry for 2-3 min. Season with soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Heat some oil in a small pan and add a ladle of the pancake batter. Fry on all sides until golden brown, then remove from the pan and pat dry with kitchen paper. Continue like this until all the batter is used up. Make around 12 pancakes and keep them warm in the oven.
Add the cheese to the vegetables.
Place a pancake on a plate and top with some of the vegetable medley. Place another pancake on top and repeat. Finish with vegetables and serve immediately.