ready in 1 hr
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 1.333 cups waxy potatoes (diced)
- 1 ½ cups small carrots (sliced)
- 1 cup Leeks (the white and pale-green parts, chopped)
- 1 ½ cups Green beans (halved)
- 1 cup small Zucchini (sliced)
- 2 cups Tomatoes
- 6 cups ready-made vegetable stock
- 4 cups Elbow macaroni
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
- basil Pesto (jar)
Heat the oil in a large pan and sweat the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
Place the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds, skin and chop and add to the vegetables along with the stock and the pasta.
Simmer all together for about 10 minutes, until the pasta is cooked. Season the soup with salt and pepper.
Before serving garnish with basil leaves and, if desired, place a spoonful of pesto on the soup.