Roast Turkey with Vegetable Sauce
- 1 ½ kilograms turkey breasts
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Bell pepper puree
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 200 milliliters white wine (for cooking)
- 1 can peeled tomatoes (800 grams)
- 300 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 200 milliliters Chicken broth
- 1 bunch Fresh herbs (Sage, rosemary, oregano, thyme, parsley ...)
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 paprika (red)
- 1 paprika (yellow)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Rinse the meat, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
Peel the onion and garlic and cut the onion into wedges. Finely chop the garlic.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a roasting pan and brown the meat on all sides. Add the onion and garlic and briefly sauté. Add the pepper puree and deglaze with wine. Slide in an oven preheated to 150°C (approximately 300°F) and cook 10 minutes.
In the meantime, rinse the zucchini and cut into bite-sized pieces. Heat the remaining oil in a pan, sauté the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Add the fennel seeds, herbs and canned tomatoes to the meat, possibly pour in some broth and simmer about 50 minutes. After 30 minutes add the zucchini and pour in the remaining broth. Halve the peppers, remove seeds and ribs and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add peppers and baslamic 10 minutes before the end of cooking, cook until done and add salt and pepper.
Remove the meat from the sauce and cut the meat into slices. Arrange on a plate with herbs and serve with the vegetable sauce.