Roast Pork with Fruit
- 1 kilogram Pork butt (ready to cook boneless)
- freshly ground white peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 20 grams clarified butter
- 300 milliliters Beef stock
- 100 milliliters Orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 100 grams dried Figs
- 100 grams dried Plum
- 100 grams dried Apricot
- 400 grams mixed seedless Grape
- 1 Cinnamon stick
Preheat the oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
Rinse the meat, pat dry, rub the coriander all over the meat, season with salt and pepper. Heat the clarified butter in a roasting pan and brown the meat all over.
Pour in the stock and roast about 1 1/2 hours. Gently heat the orange juice in a small saucepan and dissolve the honey in it. Baste the meat from time to time with the orange juice mixture.
Meanwhile cut the dried fruit into strips. Rinse the grapes on the stems and drain.
About 30 minutes before the end of cooking, add the fruit and cinnamon stick to the pan and mix. Roast until the meat is tender and serve sliced with the pan sauce spooned over.