Raspberry and Chicken Salad
ready in 30 min.
- ¼ cup raspberry blush balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 pinch salt
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 5 Tbsps olive oil (divided)
- 3 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts (halves)
- 5 cups fresh, mixed salad (rinsed and dried)
- 1 cup Radicchio (rinsed and chopped)
- 1 Red onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 cups fresh, seasonal Raspberries (rinsed and trimmed)
- 2 Oranges (peeled and sliced into rounds)
Combine balsamic vinegar, honey mustard, honey, salt, pepper, garlic, brown sugar and 4 tablespoons of olive oil, in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake to mix well. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium heat, add the remaining olive oil and cook the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through. Let cool before cutting into bite-sized pieces.
In a large salad bowl, combine mixed greens, radicchio, onion, and chicken. Cut the orange rounds in half. Add the oranges and raspberries to the salad and gently toss. Drizzle with dressing and toss again. Divide salad between serving plates and serve.