Pumpkin Stew in a Pumpkin Bowl
- 600 grams Pumpkin (Hokkaido)
- 300 grams waxy potatoes
- 3 onions
- 2 garlic
- 150 grams streaky Pancetta (in slices)
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Tomato paste
- 250 milliliters dry white wine
- 800 milliliters Beef broth
- freshly ground peppers
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream (min. 30% fat content)
- 1 large Hokkaido pumpkin (hollowed)
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill weed
Dice pumpkin flesh. Rinse, peel and dice potatoes.
Peel and finely chop onions and garlic cloves. Cut bacon into strips and fry in a large dry saucepan. Remove bacon from pan, add canola oil and sauté onion with garlic until soft. Add tomato paste and fry. Add white wine and broth, season with salt and pepper and cook covered for 25-35 minutes.
Cook hollowed pumpkin at 180°C (approximately 350°F) forced-air heat in the furnace.
Rinse and pluck dill. Separate and mash 1/4 pumpkin stew then return mash to remaining stew. Stir in cream and season to taste.
Fill hollowed pumpkin with pumpkin stew and serve garnished with dill and bacon.