Peppers Stuffed with Rice, Chicken and Chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
- 120 grams Chorizo (cut into small pieces)
- 2 stalks Celery (sliced)
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 175 grams Long grain rice
- 600 milliliters Chicken broth
- 250 grams chopped Canned tomatoes
- 4 big red Bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat oil in a pan and cook chicken and chorizo for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat oil in a saucepan and cook celery for about 2 - 3 minutes. Add paprika, thyme, oregano and rice, mix well, add broth and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Rinse peppers, dry, halve and remove seeds and ribs.Combine rice and meat, stuff peppers with a mixture. Place peppers on a greased baking sheet, cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for 25 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley.