Pasta with Cauliflower, Cherry Tomatoes, and Anchovies
- 1 small Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 Anchovy fillet
- 1 garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Crème fraiche
- olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 100 grams Cherry tomatoes
- freshly ground peppers
- 400 grams Pasta (pasta shells or other small shape)
- pecorino romano (freshly grated)
Cook the cauliflower in boiling salted water until soft. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well. Cook pasta in the same pot until al dente, reserving some of the cooking liquid, then drain pasta.
Meanwhile, in a skillet heat 3 tablespoons oil and dissolve the anchovies, then add the garlic and sauté. Add cauliflower to skillet and cook over medium heat until lightly browned, then crush with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in the oregano. Stir in the creme fraiche, 2-3 tablespoons of the cooking water and 2 tablespoons grated pecorino. Season with salt pepper. Add pasta and cherry tomatoes to skillet and toss to combine. Arrange on plates and sprinkle with more grated pecorino. Serve immediately.