Pasta Shells with Spicy Vegetable Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 150 grams frozen ready to cook Spinach (thawed)
- 1 can Sweet corn (each 240 grams)
- 2 tablespoons Tomato pepper (jarred)
- 2 green Pepperoncini (jarred)
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams Whipped cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- parsley (Depending chopped 1 tablespoon)
- scallions (Depending chopped 1 tablespoon)
- 350 grams Pasta shell
Squeeze the thawed spinach to remove the excess water. Drain the corn. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, spinach and corn and cook over medium heat, stirring for 2 minutes.
Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente.
Remove the stems from the pepperoncini and drain. Drain the tomatoes, peppers and pepperoncini and stem the pepperoncini. Coarsely chop all three and stir into the vegetables.
Add the butter and cream and bring to a simmer (don't boil). Stir in the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. Stir in the herbs and the pasta and toss to combine.