Paprika and Bean Stew
ready in 2 h.
- 3 Tbsps clarified butter
- 5 cups Beef shoulder (diced)
- 2 ¼ cups onions (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsps Rose paprika powder
- 1 Tbsp Caraway
- 3 Tbsps tomato puree
- ⅔ cup dry Red wine
- 3 ½ cups Beef stock
- 2 large carrots (peeled and julienned)
- ¼ Celeriac (peeled and julienned)
- 2 red peppers (diced)
- ¾ cup Kidney beans (tinned, drained)
How healthy are the main ingredients?onionKidney beansgarlic cloveCarawaycarrotCeleriac
Heat the clarified butter in a pot and fry the meat. Add the onion and the garlic, fry for a few minutes and dust with paprika. Season with salt, ground black pepper and caraway.
Stir in the tomato puree and deglaze with the wine and the stock. Cover and braise on a low heat for 1 hour.
Add the carrots, celeriac and the peppers to the soup and simmer for a further 30 min.
Just before the end of the cooking time, stir in the beans and season to taste. Goes well with rye bread.