7,6 / 10
ready in 1 hr 40 min.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 ¼ cups Polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 cup Rice flour
- ½ cup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons rapid rise Dry yeast (do not substitute)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups warm water (scant)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 0.333 cup sliced green olives
- vegetable oil (to oil plastic wrap)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Sift the polenta, rice flour, powdered milk and salt into a large bowl and mix well. Stir in the yeast, sugar and xanthan gum.
In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and water, beating to incorporate. Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and beat for 5 minutes. Fold in the sun-dried tomatoes and olives.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Cover with oiled plastic wrap. Let stand in a warm, draft free place to rise for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile. preheat oven to 350°F.
Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of the bread. Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Serve sliced with cheese, watercress, tomatoes, cracked pepper and olive oil.