Noodle and Shrimp Broth
ready in 55 min.
- 7 ozs Rice noodles
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 clove finely sliced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp soybean oil
- 4 cups fish stock
- 4 Lime leaves
- 1 stick Lemongrass
- 2 red chili peppers (cut into rings)
- ½ cup canned Lychee (drained and chopped)
- 4 cups Prawn (ready to cook, peeled, entrails removed)
- 2 Tbsps Oyster sauce
- 1 bunch parsley (roughly chopped)
Soften the noodles in sufficient cold water and cut flower shapes out of the carrot slices
Fry the garlic in the oil, add the stock and bring to the boil. Add the lime leaves and the lemongrass and simmer for 5-10 min.
Add the chilli and the lychees to the soup along with the prawns and the carrots. Cook for another 5-10 min.
Drain the noodles and cut up smaller with a pair of scissors. Add to the soup and bring to the boil once again. Season to taste with oyster sauce.
Stir in the parsley and transfer to bowls. Serve piping hot.