Multicoloured Tomatoes with Cheese
ready in 1 hr 6 min.
- 6 ½ cups mixed Tomatoes (red, yellow, orange, green; whole, halved or sliced, depending on size)
- 2 shallots (finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 4 Tbsps white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsps Lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 ½ cups Halloumi cheese (drained and sliced)
- 1 handful purple Basil (leaves picked)
- 1 handful Lemon Basil (leaves picked)
Mix the shallots and garlic into the oil. Whisk in the vinegar, lime juice and honey, and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes with the dressing. Leave for at least 30 minutes, then check the seasoning.
Grill the halloumi on a hot barbecue on each side for approx. 3 minutes. Add the halloumi and herbs to the tomato salad, and serve.