Mixed Olive Bread
ready in 2 h. 15 min.
- 1 ½ ounces Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Dried yeast
- 3.333 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅜ cup olive oil
- all-purpose flour (for the work surface)
- 0.333 cup black Olives (sliced, well drained)
- 0.333 cup green Olives (sliced, well drained)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (leaves picked)
- 1 tablespoon coarse Sea salt
Dissolve the yeast in 250 ml lukewarm water. Mix the flour with the salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the yeast solution and 50 ml of the oil. Knead by hand to a smooth dough. Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead thoroughly for 10 minutes. Cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), 400°F, gas 6 and brush the baking sheet with 1-2 tbsp olive oil.
Roll the dough out on a floured work surface to a rectangle the size of the baking sheet. Cover and leave to rise for a further 15 minutes.
Brush the dough with the remaining oil and arrange the olives and rosemary on top. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven, cut into 12 pieces and serve.