Miso Soup with Noodles and Shrimp
- 1 red chile pepper (halved and seeded)
- 3 thin slices fresh ginger
- 2 Bok Choy (leaves separated)
- 100 grams shiitake mushrooms (halved)
- 300 grams orange Bell pepper (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 70 grams soybean sprout
- 200 grams Udon Noodle
- 175 grams shrimp (peeled, cooked)
- 1 packet Miso Soup (for 600 ml or 2 1/2 cups of water)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- soy sauce
Pour 600 ml (approximately 2 1/2 cups) of water into a pot. Add the chile and ginger and bring to a boil.
Add the bok choy and mushrooms and simmer for 3 minutes, then add the peppers and sprouts and simmer for another 3 minutes.
Add the noodles, shrimp, miso soup mix and sesame oil, and simmer for about 2 minutes. Serve with soy sauce in small bowls.