Mediterranean Meat Casserole
79 / 100
2 h. 30 min.
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 5.333 cups Pork tenderloin (cut into chunks)
- 2 onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbsps flour
- 2 Tbsps paprika
- 1 red pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut into strips)
- 4 beef-steak Tomatoes (skinned, deseeded and chopped)
- 0.333 cup black Olives (stoned)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsps tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
In a pan heat half of the olive oil over a moderate heat and add the pork chunks; saute until lightly browned then set aside with its juices.
Heat the remaining oil over a moderate heat, add the onions and garlic and saute until softened. Add the paprika and cook for two minutes stirring continuously. Add the flour and cook for a further two minutes and then add the peppers, stock, thyme, tomato puree and bay leaf.
Add the pork back into the pan. then bring to the boil, season, and simmer on a low heat for one hour with the lid on.
Add the tomatoes and olives, stir and simmer for a further 20 minutes.