Indian-style Meat Stew
- 3.333 cups Lamb fillet (cubed)
- 1 Eggplant (halved)
- 2 yellow Bell pepper (halved)
- 1 Mango (pitted and diced)
- ⅔ cup lean, smoked ham (cubed)
- 1 red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 shallots (cut into strips)
- 3 ½ cups lamb stock
- 2 Tbsps Curry paste
- 1 generous pinch ground ginger
- freshly ground peppers
- 4 Tbsps toasted slivered almonds
Halve the aubergine and lay on a baking tray, skin side up. Grill until the skin blisters.
Peel and puree the aubergine. Similarly grill in the oven until the skin blisters and turns brown. Remove the skin and cut the peppers into bite-sized strips.
Heat the oil in a pan and sweat the shallots until translucent. Add the pepper, mango and lamb stock and then add the pureed aubergine.
Add the chilli, curry paste and seasonings and simmer for about 10 minutes until the liquid is somewhat reduced.
Add the lamb and ham and cook in the boiling curry sauce until the lamb is cooked. Check the seasoning and scatter with toasted slivered almonds before serving.