Grilled Pork Steaks with Skewered Vegetables
- Grilled pork steak with mushrooms
- 4 Pork
- 300 grams (approximately 10 1/2 ounces) small grilling sweet onions
- 200 grams (approximately 7 ounces) button Mushroom
- 30 grams (approximately 2 tablespoons) butter
- 3 bay leaves
- vegetable oil (for grates)
- 600 grams (approximately 21 ounces) tomatoes
- 1 kilogram (approximately 2 pounds)mixed Bell pepper
- 3 onions
- 2 garlic
- 100 grams (approximately 3 1/2 ounces) Bacon
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 3 tablespoons sweet ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon Caraway
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 125 milliliters (approximately 1/2 cup) Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Wine vinegar
- ½ bunch parsley
- Tomato-chili sauce
- 300 grams (approximately 10 1/2 ounces) tomatoes
- 150 grams (approximately 5 ounces) red mild chile peppers
- 200 grams (approximately 7 ounces) Apple
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic
- 30 grams (approximately 1 ounce) ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 150 milliliters (approximately 2/3 cup) White vinegar
For the grilled pork steak with mushrooms: Peel the onions and cook in a pot of boiling water for 7 minutes, drain. Brush mushrooms clean and alternately thread onions and mushrooms on metal skewers. Season with salt and pepper and brush with oil. Pat the meat dry. In a small pan, melt the butter with the bay leaves and let steep while you cook the vegetables. Brush the grill grates with oil and heat the grill to medium. Cook skewers over indirect heat, turning occasionally until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Brush the pork steaks with the bay leaf butter and grill, turning over midway until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
For the peppers: Blanch tomatoes in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds. Drain, peel and quarter. Halve peppers remove seeds and ribs, rinse and cut into strips. Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Finely dice the bacon. Heat the clarified butter in a skillet, add the bacon and saute until it's rendered its fat. Add the onions and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add the paprika, caraway, marjoram, tomatoes and peppers and stir to combine. Add the broth, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper, leave to cool and garnish with parsley.
For the tomato-chili sauce: Blanch tomatoes in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds. Drain, peel, remove seeds and finely dice. Halve the chili peppers, remove the seeds, rinse and finely chop. Peel, quarter, core and finely dice the apples. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat the oil in a nonreactive skillet and saute the onion and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes. Peel and finely chop the ginger. Add the chilies, apples and ginger to the pan and saute 5 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar, stir in diced tomatoes and crumble in the bay leaf. Add vinegar and salt and simmer, uncovered until the sauce is lightly thickened and the flavors have blended, about 15 minutes. Puree to your desired consistency, let cool, and ajust seasoning if necessary.
For the tomato ketchup: Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat the oil in a nonreactive skillet and saute the onion and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add 50ml (approximately 3 tablespoons) of water along with the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, vinegar and sugar, stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes. While still hot, pour the ketchup into sterilized bottles and refrigerate.
Serve with slices of grilled bread.