for 4 servings
- 4 medium Red onions (split in half horizontally)
- 0.333 cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup black currant
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese (roughly grated)
- 1 Leek (washed and finely sliced)
- 1 teaspoon crushed Red pepper
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- freshly ground Black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas 4.
Remove a few inner pieces of onion from the onion halves and arrange them cut-side up in a roasting tray.
Toss together 50 ml of the oil with the cranberries, blackcurrants, Parmesan, leek, crushed red pepper, half the parsley, and plenty of seasoning.
Spoon into the red onion halves and drizzle them with the remaining oil. Roast for 40 - 45 minutes until tender.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool briefly before serving on a platter with a garnish of the remaining parsley.