Easy Butternut Squash Soup
8,0 / 10
ready in 50 min.
This simple butternut squash soup is incredibely comforting, takes only 20 minutes of active kitchen time and is packed with nutrients from the butternut squash including vitamins A and C, magnesium and potassium.
Serve this butternut squash soup with our recipe for Homemade Croutons for added crunch.
Author of this recipe:
all recipes of this author
- 9 cups Butternut squash (peeled, seeded, and quartered)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 2 medium carrots (chopped)
- 2 Tbsps fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp fresh marjoram (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 Tbsps good quality olive oil
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- freshly ground Black pepper
How healthy are the main ingredients?Butternut squasholive oilgarlic cloveparsleymarjoramthyme
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients; add just enough water to cover the mixture.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove soup from heat and cool briefly. Remove bay leaves. Working in batches, puree in blender until desired consistency is reached, depending on preference (coarse or smooth).
Adjust seasoning as necessary. Reheat if necessary. Ladle into serving bowls. Serve.