Duck and Fruit Curry
7,7 / 10
ready in 1 hr 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 duck legs (skinned and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock (or water)
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- ½ cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 2 ripe Peaches (skinned, stones removed and sliced)
- 1 red chili pepper (sliced)
- cilantro (to garnish)
Mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, chilli powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the sliced duck, mix well and set aside to marinade for 1 hour.
Heat the sunflower oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft but not brown.
Turn the heat to high, add the sliced duck and cook until the meat is brown all over.
Stir in the sesame seeds and add the wine, stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Add the almonds and peaches, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Serve garnished with the sliced chilli and coriander.