Crusted Lamb with Aubergine Ragu
ready in 2 h. 30 min.
- butter (for the tin)
- 0.333 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 slices day-old white bread (crust removed, roughly grated)
- 4 cloves garlic cloves (2 crushed, 2 chopped)
- 2 tablespoons black Olives (pitted and chopped)
- 2 Rack of lamb (ready to cook, approx. 500 g each)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini (sliced)
- 1 small Eggplant (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ Fennel bulb (chopped)
- ½ red pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Preheat the oven to 210°C (190°C in a fan oven), 400°F, gas 6 and grease a roasting tin with butter.
For the herb crust, beat the butter until light and airy. Stir in the rosemary, thyme, parsley, lemon zest, breadcrumbs and a little salt and ground black pepper. Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic and the olives and mix together well.
Season the meat with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and sear the meat on all sides. Remove and place in the tin. Roast on the middle shelf of the oven for around 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan. Fry the vegetables with the chopped garlic, stirring occasionally, until cooked but still with a slight bite. Season to taste with salt, ground black pepper and balsamic vinegar.
Take the lamb out of the oven and spread the butter mixture over the top. Cook under a hot grill for approx. 4 minutes until golden brown.
Arrange the lamb on a serving plate with the vegetables.