Creamy Root Vegetable Soup
7,7 / 10
ready in 1 hr
- 4 slices Bacon
- 2 medium onions (peeled and chopped)
- 2 ribs Celery (rinsed; trimmed and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 2 cups Rutabaga (diced)
- 1 medium potato (peeled and diced)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon peppers
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- 4 slices cooked Bacon (crumbled)
- 1 scallion (rinsed and cut into rings)
In a large pot, cook bacon until crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
Saute onions, celery and garlic in bacon drippings for 5 minutes, until soft.
Add rutabaga, potato, chicken stock, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Blend using an immersion blender in pot until smooth. Stir in the milk and cream. Heat gently to serving temperature, do not boil.
Divide soup between serving bowls. Garnish with crumbled bacon and spring onion slices. Serve.