Courgette and Tomato Focaccia
ready in 1 hr 55 min.
- ¾ oz Yeast (OR 6 g dried yeast)
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour (for the work surface)
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- olive oil (for the tin and for drizzling)
- 1 zucchini (cut into 3-4 mm thick slices)
- 5 baby Plum tomato (halved lengthways)
- 3 sprigs thyme (leaves removed)
- all-purpose flour (for the work surface)
Stir the yeast into approx. 200 ml lukewarm water. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Add the yeast solution and the olive oil to the flour and knead using the dough hooks on a hand mixer to form a smooth dough which comes away from the sides of the bowl. Vary the amount of water a little if necessary. Cover and leave in a warm place for approx. 45 minutes until it has doubled in size.
Heat the oven to 220°C (200°C in a fan oven), 425°F, gas 7 and oil a baking tray.
Thoroughly knead the dough again on a floured work surface and roll out to a large flat oval (approx. 1.5 cm thick). Place on the baking tray. Top with the courgette, tomatoes and thyme, pressing them gently into the dough. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake for approx. 30 minutes.