Cold Tomato and Chickpea Soup
- 1 can chickpeas (Drained, 240 grams)
- 1 small can peeled tomatoes (450 grams)
- 100 grams Yogurt (0.1% fat)
- 1 garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (ground)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- peppers (from the mill)
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced Thai basil
- 1 tablespoon minced mint
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 50 grams Cashews
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Purée together the drained chickpeas, tomato and yogurt.
Peel garlic and squeeze through a garlic press. Mix together the garlic, cumin, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 125 ml (approximately 4 ounces) of water. Season with salt, pepper and tabasco and refrigerate.
Purée the herbs finely along with the cashew nuts, sesame oil vegetable broth and remaining lemon juice.
To serve, distribute the cooled chickpea soup in bowls, add 1 tablespoon of pesto to each and serve garnished as desired with cilantro.