Classic Mushroom Risotto
ready in 47 min.
- 2 Tbsps good-quality olive oil
- 4 scallions (cleaned and sliced including bulbs)
- 3 cups fresh Mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled; pressed or crushed)
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups Chicken broth (low sodium; plus extra as needed)
- ½ cup Parmesan (shredded or grated)
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms, garlic and black pepper. Saute until mushrooms are soft and tender; stirring frequently, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in rice; stirring constantly until the rice begins to turn opaque (approximately 2 minutes). Add the wine, and cook until the liquid has been absorbed. Add the broth, 1/2 cup at a time to the rice mixture; cook stirring frequently, allowing the the rice to absorb the broth before adding the next 1/2 cup. Cook the rice for about 30 minutes or until tender. Add additional broth or a little water if necessary.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Divide between 4 plates. Serve