- 1 stale Bread roll (soaked in water)
- 2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsps freshly chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp ground cilantro
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil (to fry)
Squeeze the bread roll well to remove excess liquid.
Puree the garbanzo beans (chickpeas) with the bread roll, onions and garlic in a kitchen mixer.
Mix in the coriander, ground coriander, cumin, baking powder and egg adding breadcrumbs if the dough is too moist. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a skillet and drop in spoonfuls of the mixture, flattening slightly. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.