Chicken Meatball Rosemary Skewers
ready in 23 min.
- 35 ounces ground chicken (may substitute ground chicken sausage)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup finely chopped, fresh parsley
- 1 red chili pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- ½ tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- olive oil (for the pan)
- Rosemary skewer (optional)
In a large bowl, combine ground chicken with the egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, chili, rosemary, spices and lemon juice. Mix well. If the mixture does not hold together, add more breadcrumbs, until the desired consistency is achieved.
Shape into meatballs approximately 1 1/2-inches across. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a nonstick pan or skillet. Cook the meatballs for 6 to 8 minutes, turning as necessary, until cooked through and nicely browned on the outside. Cook in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the pan.
Thread onto rosemary skewers, if desired. Serve.