Cheese Pasta Bake
ready in 50 min.
- 4 Tbsps butter
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsps flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground Black pepper
- 1 tsp Dry mustard
- 1 pinch freshly ground Nutmeg
- 2 ½ cups extra sharp Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 ½ cups Asiago cheese (grated)
- 8 cups Elbow macaroni (cooked and drained)
- 1 Tbsp Truffle oil
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 200°C | 400F | gas 6. Lightly grease a casserole dish.
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Whisk in flour and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
Gradually, whisk in the milk. Add salt, pepper, dry mustard and nutmeg. Reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Add the cheddar cheese and 1 cup of the Asiago, and stir until melted. Add the cooked pasta and truffle oil, and stir until all is combined.
In a small bowl, mix the remaining cheese and the bread crumbs together. Transfer the pasta to the prepared casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumb mixture and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the pasta is golden and bubbly. Serve.