Casarecce with Cream Sauce
- 400 grams Casarecce pasta
- 200 grams Frozen pea (thawed)
- 1 garlic (finely chopped)
- 200 grams Bacon (diced)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 100 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon Crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Basil (chiffonade)
- freshly ground peppers
Cook the casarecce in boiling salted water according to the package directions until al dente.
Heat the oil in a pan, then sauté the bacon and garlic. Deglaze the pan with the broth and the cream, then bring to a simmer. Mix in the peas, parmesan cheese, and the creme fraiche. Season to taste with salt (if necessary) and pepper. Drain the casarecce thoroughly, then mix into the pan and toss until combine. Transfer to preheated bowls, garnish with the basil, and serve.