Beef Stew with Noodles
- 1 kilogram kitchen ready Beef (cut into 5 cm cubes)
- 30 grams dried Porcini mushroom
- 7 garlic cloves (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 100 grams Bacon (cut into thin strips)
- 1 carrot (finely grated)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil (to fry)
- 3 shallots (cut into eighths)
- 250 milliliters dry white wine
- 200 milliliters Beef stock
- 2 Tbsps Tomato paste
- 1 pinch cinnamon (ground)
- 1 pinch cilantro (ground)
- 2 rosemary
- 4 bay leaves
- 400 grams Rigatoni
- 40 grams Parmesan (grated, for garnish)
Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker and sear the beef over high heat for about 4 minutes. Add the bacon, carrots, garlic, cinnamon, cilantro, rosemary, bay leaves, dried porcini mushrooms and shallots. Season with salt and pepper and saute for 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste, white wine, stir briefly, bring to a boil, wipe the edge of the pot clean and close the lid.
Cook on high heat until the pressure indicator rises, then reduce the temperature so that the pressure is maintained. Cook for 45 minutes. Turn off, set aside and let the pressure reduce. When the valve is fully down, open the lid, season with salt and pepper and remove the bay leaves.
Place the rigatoni in a pan of boiling water, season with salt and olive oil and cook until al dente. Distribute the pasta on 4 plates and spoon the beef stew on it. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.