Baked Trout with Med Veg
- 26 ozs whole, prepared trout (gutted)
- 2 Fennel bulb (roughly chopped)
- 2 sticks Celery (chopped)
- 3 small carrots (peeled and halved through the stem)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 Leek (sliced and washed)
- 0.333 cup baby Caper
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Dill (to garnish)
- 2 Tbsps Chervil (finely chopped)
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C | 350F | gas 4.
Arrange the vegetables and capers in an oval roasting tray. Season and drizzle half of the olive oil over. Toss well to coat using your hands.
Lay the trout on top and drizzle the remaining olive oil over. Season the inside of the fish.
Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the flesh is cooked and firm to the touch.
Remove and garnish with coarse black pepper, chervil and the dill sprig. Serve immediately.