Asian Vegetable Stir-fry
- 26 ozs Mixed Vegetables (red peppers, baby sweetcorn, mange tout, pak choi, spring onions, broccoli)
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps Rice wine (or sherry)
- 1 Tbsp clear honey
- 4 Tbsps vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsps water
- 1 clove garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (to taste)
Remove the seeds from the peppers and slice thickly. Cut the pak choi coarsely into strips. Divide the broccoli into florets.
Mix together the soy sauce, wine, honey and stock. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok or large deep frying pan. Add the tougher vegetables (broccoli and baby sweetcorn) and stir-fry over a high heat for 30 seconds. Add the water, cover and cook over a high heat for 2 minutes.
Add the quicker cooking vegetables ( peppers, mange-tout and spring onions) with the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, until almost tender.
Stir in the pak choi and cook for 1 minute, until all the vegetables are cooked but still retaining some bite.
Pour in the soy sauce mixture, stir-fry for 1 minute and sprinkle with sesame oil.