Asian Coleslaw Salad
with Noodles and Crushed Peanuts
ready in 25 min.
This salad is fresh, light, and the perfect side dish for your Asian meal. Often, Asian food is fried or contains a lot of oil. This salad ensures that you are still getting the nutrients you need from the healthy vegetables.
You can omit the noodles for a lower calorie, lighter version.
Author of this recipe:
all recipes of this author
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup sweet Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsps water
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large, white Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 carrot (peeled and grated)
- 1 small zucchini (cut into matchsticks)
- ½ red Bell pepper (seeded and cut into thin strips)
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 pkg Ramen noodle broken up (3.5 oz)
- ¼ cup crushed, skinless, toasted Peanuts
- fresh cilantro (rinsed and roughly chopped)
If making ahead, simply omit the noodles, refrigerate and add the noodles just prior to serving.
In a small saucepan set over low heat, combine the soy sauce, mirin, water, sesame oil, and brown sugar. Heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has fully dissolved. Whisk in the olive oil and set aside to cool.
In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, zucchini, pepper, scallions and uncooked noodles. Drizzle half of the dressing over the salad and toss until well coated. Add additional dressing until the salad well dressed.
Garnish with the crushed peanuts and cilantro. Serve.