- For the filling
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 White roll
- ⅛ l milk
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 50 grams sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 100 grams Celery (peeled and diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 100 grams Celery (rinsed and diced)
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsps parsley
- pinch of salt
- pinch of peppers
- 1 generous pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 generous pinch Lemon peel
- 2 Tbsps sherry
- 100 grams Cheese
For the dough, mix flour, salt, butter and egg yolks and quickly knead into a smooth dough, then refrigerate.
For the filling, saute onion, all celery, carrots and garlic in hot butter. Cut bread into cubes and soak in milk.
Mix vegetables with soaked bread, tomatoes, eggs and cream. Season to taste with parsley and spices. Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
Divide dough in half and cut out two circles the size of a pie dish. Form 1 circle slightly larger and place in greased pie dish.
Add filling to dish, sprinkle with cheese and top with second dough circle. Press lightly around edges to seal. Cut out a small hole in the center and sprinkle pastry egg with yolk. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes until golden brown, then serve.