Thai-style Shrimp Broth
ready in 40 min.
- fresh ginger (approx. 3 cm, finely chopped)
- fresh sand ginger (approx. 3 cm, finely chopped)
- 4 dried chili peppers
- 2 garlic cloves (halved)
- 2 Tbsps sesame oil
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stick Lemongrass (halved lengthways)
- Fish sauce
- Kaffir lime juice
- 12 King prawn (peeled, entrails removed)
- fresh Fresh herbs (to garnish, e. g. coriander, Thai basil)
Fry the ginger and sand ginger (1 tbsp set aside), the prawn shells, 2 chilli peppers and the garlic in hot oil for 2-3 minutes. Pour in 800 ml water.
Add the lime leaves and the lemongrass and simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
Sieve and season with fish sauce and lime juice. Add the prawns, the remaining ginger and chilli peppers and cook on a low heat for around 3 minutes. Serve garnished with fresh herbs.