Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
- 8 Zucchini flower
- 32 crayfish (cooked, about 200 grams or 7 ounces)
- zucchini (1 small green and yellow)
- 1 red Bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices white bread (1/2 cm thick)
- 1 beaten egg white
- 2 tablespoons Double cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped Tarragon
- freshly ground peppers
- 50 milliliters Crab broth (prepared)
- 1 tablespoon butter (for greasing)
Rinse zucchini flowers and cut into a fan shape. Open flower and remove insides.
Peel, core and dice vegetables. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan and cook vegetables, then remove from heat and let cool. Dice white bread and cook until golden brown in remaining butter, then remove and let cool.
Dice crayfish meat. Combine crabmeat, vegetables, bread cubes, tarragon, egg whites and cream. Season with salt and pepper and pour into a piping bag. Pipe into zucchini flowers.
Close flowers and place in a buttered ovenproof dish.
Pour in crab broth, cover dish with foil and roast in an oven preheated to 180°C (approximately 350°F) for 15-20 minutes. Remove and cut flowers in half. Heat remaining butter in a pan and swirl remaining crayfish tails in butter.
Plate flowers and serve with crayfish tails.