Steak Kebabs with Chilli Dip
87 / 100
- 2 cups rump Steak (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 green pepper (seeded and cut into 4cm squares)
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded and cut into 4cm squares)
- 1 red pepper (seeded and cut into 4cm squares)
- 0.333 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup canned Tomatoes
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
- ½ red chili pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- thyme (to garnish)
Heat the coals of a barbecue to white hot.
In a small saucepan, heat 25ml of the olive oil over a medium heat and saute the shallots, chilli and garlic for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the sugar, chopped tomatoes and seasoning and bring to the boil before simmering for 10 minutes until it thickens.
Remove from the heat and stir in the tabasco sauce to taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Meanwhile, thread the peppers and steak onto the skewers.
Whisk together the remaining olive oil and parsley. Brush the skewers with the olive oil and parsley, season then barbecue for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
Spoon the tomato sauce into glass serving pots and garnish with the thyme.
Arrange the skewers on serving plates alongside the sauce. Serve immediately.