Sausage and Broccoli Rabe Pasta
ready in 40 min.
- 8 cups Pasta (your favorite)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 16 ozs sweet or hot Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium Chicken broth
- ⅛ tsp crushed Red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 4 Tbsps chilled butter (cut into pieces)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
How healthy are the main ingredients?PastaParmesanolive oilgarlic clovesalt
Cook the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water according to the package directions, until al dente. Drain and return it to the pot.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet, set over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, until cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the broth and crushed red pepper and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and simmer, covered, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the butter and Parmesan and cook, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
Toss the pasta with the sausage mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide among plates and serve with salad and bread, if desired.